Wool is more than sheep fluff and your grandfather’s itchy jumper.
Wool is a wonder fibre that serves everyday wardrobes, culture changing innovations, art inspiration and the environment.
Wool is tough enough to take on fashion critics, oil-based synthetic fibres, cold weather, warm weather, crying babies and even an open flame.
Wool is said to have been the powerful force shaping New Zealand’s history, economic structure, and culture.
Let’s give it the respect it deserves.
Join us as we celebrate our favourite fibre and tell the world that WE ARE LOVING WOOL!
Wool Week 2014 is a Campaign for Wool NZ brand partner run event. Over 40 designers and retailers around the country are honouring the fibre through creative Wool Window designs, wool promotions, woollen art installations and social media participation. Artist Miranda Brown will grace Britomart trees with woolly makeover. Billy Black the Sheep Man will bring the country to the city on Saturday when he brings live sheep to Takutai Square! The Wool Family shown above can be seen throughout the month of May on billboards in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch.
Individuals are encouraged to share their love for the fibre by touting their passion through blogs, sharing wool facts on their social media accounts and reminding friends and family to Live Naturally – Choose Wool. Watch Facebook for opportunities to honour the Faces behind the Fibre on Tuesday the 27th, brand partners
Wool Week 2014 Updates
- We’re Loving Wool – Wool Week Day One – A summary of the Wool Week Launch and participants
- Wool Heros – Wook Week Day Two – Honouring the farming faces that pour into the fibre
- So You Wanna Celebrate Wool Week? – Read about ways YOU can celebrate wool
- The Wool Family …. Behind the Scenes – See the work, laughter and beauty poured into the photo above
- Wool Street Style – Our designers share their passion for wool along with a favourite wool piece
- Britomart – Eager to celebrate the wonder-fibre with wool-clad trees, woolly window displays and even a few fluffy four-legged friends
- Auckland Heart of the City
- Primary Wool Co-operative is Loving Wool – The primary supporter of Wool Week 2014
- Join the Facebook Event
Participating Designers include: Adrian Hailwood, Andrea Moore, Crane Bros, Carlson, Gregory, Helen, Cherry, Ingrid Starnes, Juliet Hogan, Jane Daniels, Kate Sylvester, Karen Walker, Kylee Davis, Liz Mitchell, Lela Jacobs, Max, Miss Crabb, NomD, Pearl, Ruby, RJb design (mens), Rembrandt suits Auckland, Standard Issue, State Of Grace, Sabatini, Taylor, Zambesi, World, Smith and Caugheys, Kirkaldies, Ballentynes, Atelier Textiles, Designer Rugs, Vance Vivian, Elka Knitwear,
Other Participating supporters and Brand Partners include : Shear Warmth Blankets, Untouched World, Skeinz, Wright Wool, Briar Patch, Wool Advancement Group, Atelier, Run Rabbit Run, Rembrant Suites, Back Country Blog, Perriam, Coast, Gather, BioTech Learning Hub, Inter-Weave, The Pin Tin, The Carding Shed, Cosy Toes, Handmade Historys, Nancy’s Embroidery Shop, The Dog Coat Company, Touch Yarns,, Mini Merino Kids Clothing, HIX, Spinning a Yarn NZ, Elka Knitwear, Design X Wool, Standard Issue, New Zealand Fashion Museum, Elders Primary Wool, Elders, Waione Woollies
Don’t see your name? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.